The Chronicle of Higher Education is one of the best sources for the latest higher education news and information, as well as academic career information. We offer online access to past and current issues, through the IIT main campus library.
Personalized Email News
You can read Chronicle articles from anywhere on campus. If you’d like, you can also sign up for the Chronicle’s email newsletters. These include:
- The Academy Today – morning headlines
- Afternoon Update – the latest headlines delivered each afternoon
- Weekly Briefing – a summary of each week’s news, delivered on Fridays
- Breaking News Extra – alerts
- Re:Learning – A weekly newsletter about the latest educational information
- Graduate Students- a weekly newsletter with news and advice for graduate students
- Teaching – insights and new classroom techniques
If you are on campus, you can read articles by clicking the links in your email newsletters.
If you are off campus, you may find that some articles require a login. To access the Chronicle from off campus, go to the Library website, then go to our Databases page.
Click “Chronicle of Higher Education”:
You’ll be asked to sign in – use the login you use for your kentlaw email or myIIT. You can then access articles by clicking the links on the Chronicle web page (you will not be able to use the links in your newsletter).
If you have trouble accessing anything, contact our reference desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.