0

Staff Spotlight: Tamara McClatchey

T. McClatchey PhotoIn this month’s Staff Spotlight, Assistant Director of Career Services, Tamara McClatchey tells us a little more about herself including her favorite movie and book, as well as memorable moments in his life and what it was like where he grew up.

1. Favorite t.v. show? One of my favorite shows, which I actually followed through all of its seasons, was Dexter.

2. Favorite music? House music from the 80s.

3. Favorite Movie? Life is Beautiful, directed by and starring Roberto Benigni (I cry every single time I watch it)

4. Favorite Book? One of my favorites is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

5. What was your first job? Besides babysitting, my first job was pressing and folding sheets at a laundry and dry cleaning place. I remember how the huge machine we fed the sheets through used to randomly shoot out flames — luckily not on the side I worked…pretty sure some workplace health and safety standards were violated.

6. Where did you grow up, and what was it like there? I grew up in Wheaton, Illinois. It was basically “Pleasantville.” Very safe and conservative.

7. Tell us about a memorable moment in your life, a time you will never forget. One of the most memorable moments in my life was my wedding. I had a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family, and it was almost completely stress free to plan.

8. What is your favorite part of your new job so far OR what are you most looking forward to? I really enjoy counseling students, and look forward to working with them over time and seeing them grow professionally.

9. What have you learned about yourself in the past 5 years? One thing I have learned is that I enjoy the simple things in life, and they are enough to make and keep me happy. I love spending quality time with friends and family, and we don’t have to do anything extra special to have fun.

10. If you joined the circus, what act would you most want to perform and why? Acro dance, which combines dance and acrobatics (think Cirque du Soleil). I love to dance, and always wished I had learned gymnastics.

11. Is there anything you’re afraid of? Living a life that does not make me happy.

Kim Koppen