The IIT-Chicago-Kent Game Room located in room 570 is now open. Staff and faculty can access the room using their keycards (students can enter using their ID’s).
The genesis of the Game Room idea came from the Class of 2011. They encouraged the administration to create non-academic space in the building for students to socialize in. They were so interested in creating the space that they dedicated their Class Gift to purchase games for the room. The Class of 2014 followed their lead and also dedicated their class gift to the Game Room.
Dawn Rupcich took the lead on investigating options and designing the layout of the Game Room.
The Game Room has the following:
- Brunswick V-Force Air Hockey
- Brunswick 14 Foot Delray Shuffleboard Table
- Brunswick Electronic Shuffleboard Scorer
- Brunswick SMASH 7.0 Table Tennis Game
- Brunswick CONTENDER Kicker Foosball
- Brunswick Contender Floor Cue Rack (Color: Chestnut)
- Chicago Gaming Co. Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga (Model 9600)
- Chicago Gaming Co. Arcade Legends 3 Pedestal (Model 9550)
- LG 42″ Television Monitor for Legends Pedestal
- Brunswick 8-foot Pool Table
- Casino Bar (Cards, Roulette and Craps)
- Two 65″ Televisions and Control Panel
MISC. GAMES – “Library Vintage Editions” Clue, Scrabble, Monopoly; 3-in-1 Chess/Checkers/Backgammon and Bananagrams
The Game Room rules are as follows:
1. No alcohol allowed (see exception below)
2. Please be courteous and limit use of games to 30 minutes to allow others play time
3. Do not remove game room items from the game room (security cameras are in the room and in the hallways)
4. Do not place food or drinks on game tables
5. In the event of a spill, use the house phone in the room to call for clean-up (call 6-5030)
6. Television sports programming is on a first-come, first-serve basis (when your game/event is over, please be courteous and allow others use of the TV)
7. No gambling—games are to be played for amusement only
Exception to Alcohol Policy: Beer and wine are permitted when the Game Room is booked for a special event. A Request to Serve Alcohol Form must be submitted and approved in advance, a authorized server from the cafeteria and/or catering service must be present to serve the alcohol, as is the policy for other events held within the school, and a FT faculty or staff member must be present for the duration of the event.