Despite the feeling that may be creeping in that the joy of summer is just about over, rest assured that there are still a wide variety of events (some free!) in Chicago and nearby areas.
Like movies? Like FREE movies!?! Movies in the Park will be happening in various parks around Chicago till early October. Check out the list of movies and dates here and see what might be happening in your neighborhood.
Animal Lover? Check out the Chicago Walk for Animals and help raise charity while enjoying a relaxing two-mile walk in Lincoln Park. Furry friends welcome!
If your a music, art or food fan, there are still plenty of great festivals happening in August and September. Check out the links below!
- Northhalsted Market Days – 8/11 and 8/12
- Retro on Roscoe – 8/11 and 8/12
- Glenwood Avenue Arts Fest – 8/17 to 8/19
- Northside Summerfest- 8/17 to 8/19
- Long Grove Art & Wine Festival – 8/18 – 8/19
- Clark After Dark – 8/23
- The Boulevard – 8/24 to 8/26
- Bucktown Arts Fest – 8/25 and 8/26
- North Coast Music Festival – 8/31 to 9/2
- Englewood Jazz Festival – 9/14
- Festival de La Villita – 9/7 to 9/9
- Guinness Oyster Fest – 9/14 and 9/15
- Oktoberfest Chicago – 9/21 to 9/23
- Hyde Park Jazz Festival – 9/29 and 9/30