Can you access your Westlaw, Lexis, and Bloomberg accounts over the summer? What about after graduation? The answer to both is yes, but with some restrictions for Westlaw and for graduates. See below for more information.
Westlaw Summer Access Over the summer, you can use Thomson Reuters products, including Westlaw and Practical Law, for non-commercial research. Examples of permissible uses include:
- Summer coursework
- Research assistant assignments
- Law review or journal research
- Moot Court research
- Non-profit work
- Clinical work
- Externship sponsored by the school
If you are working for a firm or a for-profit organization, you should use the Westlaw account provided by your employer.
If you have any questions, please contact our rep Tami Carson, email@example.com.
Graduates: Graduates should register for Grad Elite access through a pop-up that you will see when you log in. Don’t see the pop-up? Try logging out and logging back in. Grad Elite lasts for 6 months after graduation. Grads can use Westlaw and Practical law for non-commercial use for 60 hours per month. Additionally, you will have access to job-searching databases for 18 months after graduation for one hour a month.
- Lexis Summer Access –You can access Lexis with your law school ID over the summer. This includes BOTH academic use and work use (no restrictions).
- Graduates: Spring 2018 graduates will have regular access until June 30, 2018. You will then have “graduate status” until December 31, 2018. Graduate access does not include access to points, Barbri outlines, or Lexis Learn videos.
Bloomberg Law Access
Bloomberg Law offers students unrestricted use over the summer and for 6 months following graduation.
If you have any questions regarding access to any of these services, please feel free to contact our account representatives: