Here is a summary of the access that will be offered during the summer of 2017:
1Ls & 2Ls: You can use Thomson Reuters products, including Westlaw and Practical Law, over the summer for non-commercial research. You can turn to these resources to gain understanding and build confidence in your research skills, but you cannot use them in situations where you are billing clients. Examples of permissible uses include the following:
- Summer coursework
- Research assistant assignments
- Law review or journal research
- Moot Court research
- Non-profit work
- Clinical work
- Externship sponsored by the school
If you are working for a firm or a for-profit organization you should use the Westlaw account provided by your employer.
You do not have to do anything to gain access to these tools over the summer. If you have any questions, please contact your Thomson Reuters Academic Account Manager.
Grads: Graduates should register for Grad Elite access through a pop-up that you will see when you log in. Don’t see the pop-up? Try logging out and logging back in. Grad Elite lasts until the end of November. Grads will have access to Westlaw and Practical law for non-commercial use for 60 hours per month.
- Lexis Summer Access – All students have Full Access with their law school ID all summer. This includes BOTH academic use and work use (no restrictions). No need to register – full access is automatically provided.
- Lexis IDs: Spring 2017 graduates have full access to Lexis via their law school IDs through December 31, 2017. This ID also grants them access to the Graduate Home Page (detailed below).
- Spring Graduate Home Page: On June 30, Spring graduates’ view of the Law School Home Page will switch from its current appearance to the “graduate view”. This new view will provide helpful information for your careers and job search.
Bloomberg Law offers students unrestricted access over the summer and for 6 months following graduation. No special registration is required.
If you have any questions regarding access to any of these services, please feel free to contact our account representatives: